Raising awareness about the carbon footprint of modern High Performance Computing.
How to leverage modern machine learning tools to better predict protein-protein interactions?
I occasionally undertake paid consulting and advisory roles for industry companies interested in making computing more environmentally sustainable. I disclose these links here.
- (03/02/2023) I went to Montpellier (France) to talk about Green Computing at the Montpellier Omics Days.
- (26/01/2023) Green computing workshop for the students of the Data Intensive Science CDT at the University of Cambridge.
- (19/01/2023) I was on BBC radio in the Naked Scientist show to discuss the Green Algorithms project (recording and transcript/podcast).
- (18/01/2023) An interview with Craig Brierley about Green Algorithms featured on the University of Cambridge's website.
- (16/01/2023) I gave an Introduction to AI lecture for Cambridge's Global Learning and Engagement Programme: "AI, with great power comes great responsibility".
- (28/11/2022) The Green Algorithms project has a new website! Check it out at www.green-algorithms.org.
- (23/11/2022) EMBL-EBI webinar: I gave a webinar with EMBL-EBI about the carbon footprint of computational biology. The recording is available online.
- (15/11/2022) Green computing training for Cambridge MSc/PhD students. This week I ran training workshops about the carbon footprint of computations with graduate students of the Sensors and AI4ER CDTs.
- (31/10/2022) AI & Medicine lecture for the students of the Master in Bioscience Enterprise at the University of Cambridge.
- (18/10/2022) Green Algorithms in Switzerland. I travelled to Switzerland as part of SIB's Speakers Roadshow programme to discuss green computing at the University of Lausanne/SIB and the University of Basel. Slides here ...more news here.